Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!


Of course I had to blog about my engagement! Blake proposed on December 19 and we're getting married on May 1! Be there...  So in honor of my most exciting post ever, I thought I'd tell everyone the story of our rencontre, or "chance meeting" if you will

It was the glorious day of June 30, and I was at the UVSC party they threw for turning into UVU.  I went with my sister Tiffany and our awesome friend Laura.  We were walking out when I saw Blake standing with a bunch of his friends.  I recognized him from high school and thought I should go say hi.  I was kind of scared because I didn't think he knew me and I didn't want to to look dumb in front of all of his friends.  I decided to just leave but then he looked over at me like he recognized me, so I thought i would just say hi.  I grabbed his arm and said "Are you Blake?" and so it began....

To make a long story short, while we were talking his phone kept ringing.  Finally he looked at it and said "I'm really sorry, this is my friend from my mission" I told him to answer it of course.  He did, and then he started speaking to someone really quickly in Spanish.  Little did I know that his "friend from his mission" was his old mission companion Dallin who was standing 5 feet behind me.  Dallin called Blake to tell him in Spanish that he should ask me out.  Blake said he was too shy but maybe he would.  

After he hung up (and this whole time i was thinking he was talking to some long lost friend or something)  We kept talking, and that's when Blake's other friend Brandon took THIS picture:



(taken on his phone so it's kind of blurry..)

He showed it to Blake right after I left (I think?) and said "you need to ask this girl out, you had this big smile the whole time you two were talking" (CUTE!!!)  So Blake did... about a half an hour later.... :)

Fast forward about six months and here we are:



SO happy, SO grateful, SO excited! Merry Christmas!



(P.S: This picture is of my left hand I promise, it looks like my right hand because the picture got turned backwards somehow)

9 comments:

Jenn Davidson said...

OH MY GOODNESS MICHELLE! How exciting! So I didn't know you had a blog but sure enough you do! haha.. I'm soooo excited for you! AH! I'll be here all summer so I BETTER get an invite :) love ya

Zane + Nichole said...

congrats michelle! that is so exciting. yay! :)

Shanicherie said...

So so happy for you Michelle, fun to hear your story! You should hop over to my blog and read my latest story too! :) Good luck with the planning...and please, PLEASE just enjoy the planning, don't stress too much over it!

Anna said...

Michelle ahhhh its so exciting you know this all ready but I still cant seem to get a hold of you any other way so maybe this can be the solution ha ha who knows. I really am so excited for you and I cant wait to be there on may first yay. You are so pretty by the way oh and I do still need to here the engagment story so I hope to talk to you soon ok love ya much sweetie.

Laura said...

You have no idea how excited I was to be name-checked on YOUR blog. Seriously - SO excited!

But onto more important things - this is great news Michelle, great great news. (!!!) You and Blake are a HOT couple, and also, your ring is amazing!!! I think I need to see it in person. (So when can we hang out?) Love you friend!

Unknown said...

i am so excited for you- and this was a cute story! and i think that i want to take some engagements for you-- if you want of course :)

CONGRATS!

mare said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! i'm so glad about this, as i'm sure you are too. so glad that we could talk that one day on the grass by the smithfeildhouse, so glad that i could see you two lovebirds on campus every now and then, and so glad you are happy. cute story and pic. save that! merry christmas soon to be mrs. steele.

Kayla said...

Michelle! CONGRATS!! I am very happy for you! good luck with all the planning, it gets frustrating sometimes, but it's super fun!!

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad Blake lucked out and got you. Benson and I are so excited for you to join the family.