Sunday, September 7, 2008

Things That Are Cute


Alright so here is just one thing from a list of hundreds of billions of things that are cute: Primary Programs. My mom is in charge of the primary program in her ward so the past few Sundays I've been helping her hold rehearsals for the kids. This year my mom decided to let all the kids tell a quick experience about times when they've felt the Holy Ghost or had a great experience with prayer. The stories from the children are unbelievably adorable! They mostly consist of times when they couldn't find their shoes or something and they would say a prayer and remember where they left them, or times when they didn't have a good feeling about something or some situation they were in so they left. I love hearing their stalwart testimonies. It is so, so cute.

So this especially fidgety little boy got up to say his line, and he gets real close to the microphone and says "so one time I was at a park when I was really little and I was standing on a garbage can, then I fell and landed on the table, but then I hit my head on the table and landed on the bench, and then I landed on the concrete.......in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"

Funniest. Thing. Ever. I'm sure there was more to that story but he decided to edit it in his head before he said it out loud. I love little kids.

I also love how Heavenly Father answers the prayers of faithful little children. I remember being in T-Ball and being late for a game and I couldn't find my mitt. Of course I was freaking out because I am the most competitive person on this planet and I couldn't bear the thought of being late and not having as many times at-bat as everyone else. I was frantically searching my house and couldn't find it anywhere. Finally I had the thought to say a prayer, so as a little 6 year old I kneeled down and prayed that Heavenly Father would help me find my mitt. Almost immediately I remembered I had left it on the boot rack. I remember thinking that this prayer thing was pretty cool, and that I should try it out more often. It's so fun to have these tiny memories that seem so insignificant but really lay the foundation for a much stronger testimony later on.

On an unrelated note, look how incredible my niece Taylor is. She's only 4 months old

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh she is precious! and you are beautiful michelle! oh i am about to be an aunt- this makes me excited!