Monday, September 1, 2008

Shaking Things Up a Bit


Due to some gentle prodding from a few of my close friends, I've decided to transform my blog from a harsh political criticism to something slightly more personal, (although I don't see how you can get more personal than by exposing your most raw and real opinions to the world).  

I am now entering the ranks of traditional bloggers. So, to kick things off, I'll update you, the gentle reader, on my life:

1) BYU starts on Tuesday! Who's excited? Obviously I am. I can't wait. Even though I went to school Spring and Summer semester, I'm still extremely excited about coming back for Fall! I love it there, I'm convinced that you can find the very most interesting people in the world at the Y.  To top it all off, I'm taking the coolest classes ever AND I get to be on campus with my incredible boyfriend :)    (yes, i really did just type a primitive smiley face with proper English punctuation.  I must really be happy)


2) I moved home. I LOVE home! The way I see it, it's a pretty winning combination.  I love my family, my family resides in my home, therefore, I love my home.  It's a pretty basic syllogism really.  It makes perfect sense.  Plus, it's a pretty awesome way to save up some pennies


3) I'm playing tennis again, so I'm even MORE happy, if you can imagine it.  My little (if you can call 6'6" little) brother Sean and I have been playing a lot lately.  I love playing with Sean, he is such an incredible athlete.  Is there anything this boy can't do?  (The jury's still out on that one)


4) On a not so positive note, I threw out my back.  Well, technically what happened is my SI joint, or the lowest joint in my spine slips out of place sometimes, temporarily restricting my motion and causing me quite a bit of pain to be honest.  Not a big deal though, It's happened before and I'll be back to normal after a few days of stretching, alternating heat and ice and a visit to the physical therapist or two.  This new injury is probably attributed to my sudden and rapid return to tennis after a long, hard absence.

Okay I'm sorry, I can't resist, I plan to post my thoughts on Joe Biden and Sarah Palin, but this post can be a nice little break from politics for a second.

1 comment:

Stephanie Grant said...

You are beautiful and sassy. i love being able to be around you. So stay around you are the life of the party.