Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Beginnings...

No, not the YW program. I'm talking about new beginnings in my life. Today Blake and I saw our apartment for the first time (for me) and it is Beautiful! I am so excited! Now all that's left is to start decorating.... we're going to paint some of the rooms sometime in March maybe. It's a good thing I'm so stinkin bad at making decisions. I have been going back and forth with about 18 different wedding dresses so far and STILL don't know for sure which one i want. At least I narrowed it down to 3 options as of this morning. (P.S HELP FRIENDS!? Should I wear a Cinderella poofy one, a really fitted calmer one, or a sweet vintage lacy one?) (P.P.S Not the actual dresses, but very similar)


I don't know where I want the reception, I don't know my colors, I don't know what food I want to serve, whether or not I want a band, who our photographer is, what the overall "theme" of our reception will be or how I want to do my hair, but at least I know I'm really happy and excited!

On a non-wedding related note: I know my major finally! I'm for sure going to be a Political Science major with a minor in French. Finalement! Je sais quoi je veux faire avec ma vie!

Now back again to the wedding related note: help me! I would love your input! and to everyone who has helped me so much already (i.e Marilee Killpack.. .and mom) THANK YOU!

7 comments:

Shanicherie said...

Hey Michelle! I think you would look great in anything, but I'm really seeing you in a vintage lace type of dress! Also, our reception was at the old courthouse in Provo (across from the tabernacle) and it was GORGEOUS. If you've never been in, it's all marble and has amazing columns, etc. There's hardly any decorating needed in there and pictures came out amazing. And (at least 3.5 years ago) it was CHEAP. But I know it's become more popular in the past few years, so not sure how much it would be now. Good luck!

Kayla said...

Michelle - i'm sure whatever dress you choose that you will look beautiful! as for a wedding photographer, i recommend MINE!! Their names are ben and bethany booth and they also did Becca Bowen's wedding. www.photoboothphotography.com
check them out!! I don't wanna force anything on you, just figured you could use some suggestions!! :) GOOD LUCK with all the planning, it's so much fun!

Lisa Dean said...

And thank you Lisa......

Oh no problem, it was my pleasure!

Unknown said...

Michelle, I'm so excited for you! I, for one, think you should wear a really fitted, calm wedding dress. Here are my reasonings:
1) You are such a beautiful person that there's really no need for intricately detailed dresses
2) You can pull it off like NO one can
3) If I had your figure, I would definitely do fitted ... Cinderella-poofy seems to be a little over done.

BUT that's just my personal opinion. You'll be a stunningly beautiful bride no matter what you decide!

Unknown said...

I think all of them would look fabulous on you! we had our reception at the White willow in provo, it is such a beautiful old Victorian lookin house. The price of it includes the linens, centerpieces, and flowers. You can even have your luncheon there for a pretty good price. It was really nice not having to stress over decorating a culture hall or buying stuff to make center pieces.. It made wedding planning a WHOLE lot easier! Good luck!!

Unknown said...

i would for sure have to see the dress to be any help in that, but if you are looking for like overall wedding ideas and color schemes, this is a great blog (they do a lot of wedding inspiration boards)
http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/

and photographer wise i really like Jonathan Canlas and Rebekah Westover (both are local)

but they are a bit pricey. but i would also recommend my sister, who shoots weddings unlike me, but sometimes i go and assist her. she is really good and much more affordable. you can check out her stuff on her website

http://www.brittanyandersenphotography.com/

let me know if you want to know any more- because i am one of those weird people who plan everything from their wedding to their funeral!

Anna said...

Michelle ahhh I miss you but in help with things If you want my mom makes cakes so if you need help in that department she can do it ha ha just let me know also I have all ways thought you would go with a dress that is kind of like the second picture on here very elegant like that but any thing would look amazing on you as for where to have the reception I segest your church or if you want it all covered the provo library is amazing any ways I hope I helped even just a little and I miss you I hope I will be able to talk to you after all this crazyness is done for you Im so happy for you and I totally understand. If you need help with any thing with the wedding I'm here to help k hun Im kind of avalavle ALL THE TIME ha k hope all is well.