Monday, June 9, 2008

The Life and Times of a Hard Core Republican




So I've been jealous of my sisters and their blogs for quite some time now, and I can't help but notice as I tirelessly peruse their endlessly entertaining and endearing blog posts that one of the reasons that I keep returning to their blogs (and to so many others) is for the adorable stories and pictures of their beautiful families and brand new babies.  I love logging on and seeing the nervous excitement on little Spencer's face as he is about to embark on his first day of school, and reading about baby Sophie's many trips abroad.  You see, to me the world of blogging is an elite club, and to ensure your spot on the proverbial guest list, participants must have an adoring husband, beautiful children, and a never-ending list of humorous anecdotes about all of them.  Since I am a wee child of 19 and 8/12's and have yet to embark on the wondrous journey of marriage and motherhood, I will instead monopolize this great byproduct of the internet to enlighten all of you with my own political beliefs, as well as personal thoughts.  You're welcome.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I am scared.  I'm scared for the state of our nation, as I imagine many of you are also.  Typically, when we get to this point in American politics, we have the choice of choosing between a Democrat or a Republican as the next leader of the free world.  This election, however, we do not have that luxury. Instead, we are given the choice between an admitted Democrat, and closet liberal.

Be that as it may, I hope with my whole heart that Senator McCain becomes our next President.  The issues that are the most important here are:
1.  Protecting America from terrorists
2. Staying in Iraq until we can safely exit (not just when it's safe for our troops to exit, but also when it's safe for the Iraqi people to govern themselves without the possibility of repeated anarchy and tyranny.  Until we can ensure Democracy)
3. Fighting to protect traditional families and preserve the sanctity of marriage between men and women (wow, how close-minded of me to think that we should be obedient to God's commandments)
4. Protecting our economy

My opinions on these subjects are matched far more closely by Senator McCain's than by Senator Obama's.  I am also disgusted by the fact that if Obama were to be President, he would sit down with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.  That is saying he's willing to negotiate with terrorists.  We know that this man hates Americans and is capable of nuclear warfare.  Why isn't this higher up on Obama's list of priorities to keep nuclear weapons out of Iran?
Anyway, I'm excited to see who will join McCain on the ticket.  I don't think he or Obama will announce their choice until it's much closer to the convention, maybe a week or so before.  The big question is, will McCain pick Governor Romney? The man who knows more about our economy than any of the other candidates and their advisors combined? The man with first hand leadership knowledge and real experience? The man who I can confidently say will be the President of the United States of America at some point? Or will he pick someone else.  Maybe Governor Bobby Jindal, there's a lot of speculation about Jindal joining the ticket.  What about Charlie Crist, the Governor of Florida? Although I think that's unlikely because of all the controversy surrounding his tax issues.  Maybe Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota? He's been a McCain fan for a loooong time.  Who knows....

For now, I hope people don't ignore the glaring problems with a possible Obama Presidency.  Why is the issue with his "personal spiritual advisor" Reverend Jeremiah Wright suddenly seem to be disappearing? Does this not raise any red flags for anybody? What possibly qualifies this man to be President? What does he have other than his charisma and the increasingly obnoxious "Yes We Can" chant?  Sure, he's optimistic, but an optimistic political rookie is still a rookie.  Also, as a personal side note to Hussein Obama's advisors, stop trying to deter people from voting for McCain by comparing him to President Bush.  One of the main issues people have with him is that he isn't enough LIKE President Bush because he isn't conservative enough.  I think that by comparing the two, they are actually encouraging the social conservative to vote for John McCain, so I guess, keep up the good work.  

That's all I've got for today.  Once I get sick of this, I'll just start posting cute pictures of my nieces and nephews to make sure all interest is not lost and my blog doesn't fall into oblivion.

6 comments:

Shanicherie said...

Michelle! You have a blog, yay! I have one too if you're interested! Email me at shanicherie@gmail.com and I'll add you to the list (it's private). I totally echo your thoughts on everything you said! Go McCain!

Lisa Dean said...

Michelle, I am so happy you put your inner thoughts out for everyone to see. This will be a fun blog to read!

Shane and Tiffany Barker said...

You are so intelligent! I thought I was reading a textbook... that was actually interesting! I agree with all yo' ideas. Mostly, I think you are the best little sister money can buy! Love ya, Pinny.

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

Well Michelle, I will come clean. I am a blog surfer. I feel that if I do not tell the bloggers that I know I will want to return to about this, I am somewhat of a peeping tom. I worked with Laura at M.S. if you don't remember me, and if you don't mind, I think your hilarious and I would love to read your blog from time to time. Hooray for Republicans!!!

Stephanie Grant said...

That is my spunky and smart sister

Morgan Mulliner said...

michelle i love you!! i love your input on this and i think you should continue blogging about things like this.